The Sophomore -Entry program becomes available at the beginning of the spring semester each year. Admission to this program is contingent on available space, following an approved course of study and having at least a 3.00 GPA. If you would like apply for this option, please notify our CME Admission Counselor, Tyler Biggs, via email Tyler@olemiss.edu.
The Sophomore Entry Application is a paper application that consists of the following sections.
- Resume: academic interests, honors and awards, community service, extracurricular activities, leadership positions held, and employment while in school.
- Personal statement: no more than 250 words describing your educational aspirations and future career goals.
- Letter of Recommendation: one letter of recommendation from one previous or current teacher.
- General Essay: In 500-700 words please complete the essay on the prompt provided. Your essay will be evaluated on a combination of style, grammar, imagination, and substance.
- Center for Manufacturing Excellence Tab: A 500-700 word essay on the prompt provided.
If you are entering the CME and Ole Miss as a freshman, please Apply for Admission to CME.