Freshman Entry Program
The Haley Barbour Center for Manufacturing Excellence is a Special Program at The University of Mississippi. In order to be considered for admission into the CME, students must first complete a general admissions application to The University of Mississippi. The application for the Haley Barbour Center for Manufacturing Excellence can be found in the Special Programs and Scholarship application. This application becomes available once you have completed a general University of Mississippi application. The general application opens July 1st. The CME currently accepts 50 students per year. Admission into the CME is based on a competitive admissions process. Below you can view a short video showing the process for completing the Special Programs and Scholarship application.
In order to complete the application you will need to complete the following tabs in the application.
- Resume: class rank, class size, academic interests, honors and awards, community service, extracurricular activities, leadership positions held, and employment while in school.
- Personal statement: no more than 250 words describing your educational aspirations and future career goals.
- Recommendations: provide the names and email addresses of two teachers and a counselor. Your recommenders will submit your recommendation electronically.
- General Essay: In 500-700 words please complete the essay on the prompt provided. Your essay will be evaluated on a combination of style, grammar, imagination, and substance.
- Center for Manufacturing Excellence Tab: A 500-700 word essay on the prompt provided.
If you are already a student at Ole Miss and would like to join the CME program check out the Sophomore CME Entry Program.